Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Feelings About This Project


            A couple weeks ago, when we are assigned to write like 3 paragraphs a day about whatever you want, for two weeks, I guess you could say I wasn’t happy. It’s not that I don’t like writing, I just felt like I didn’t have the energy to write a blog post every single day. It’s not even the idea of physically writing something, for me I most struggle with coming up with what to write about. I honestly never thought I would be able to write about something new everyday. Now that it’s over, I think I learned so much about writing and myself.

            In the end, I actually turned out to kind of like this project. I think this is because instead of writing about boring learning-related things like most of the pieces I write for school, this past week I was able to write about things that are important to me. This made writing the posts a lot more fun and they were actually much easier to write. I liked how I was able to express myself, and I think I learned some things about who I am, too. I also think that having to write something everyday for about two weeks greatly improved my writing skills.

            There were a few things I struggled with in doing this project. One was trying to come up with an idea every single day. I don’t know why this was so hard for me, but I guess it’s because I’m not a very creative person. I also have many dreams, but I always tried to pick one that I would be able to write a lot about and other people would be able to relate to. I think I also had a hard time because I’m the kind of person tends to rely on their friends for opinions and ideas. So, everyday I had to go out my comfort zone and trust that my idea was okay. This project definitely made me more independent, and even a little more creative. Doing these blogs everyday also wasn’t the best because I had to write something almost every single day. This made it hard because I had to do this project on top of the other homework I had that day. In general, when I write things, it just takes me a pretty long time. So, every night I had to basically reserve a time for writing my blog entries. I think this project was pretty fun and helpful to my writing and creativity. But, I’m kind of glad it’s over so I don’t have to stress over it anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment